Current Miami Dolphins fans, come on, you know they’re out there, they may know quite a bit about their favorite NFL team. But, this knowledge may be limited to recent years, like the Dolphins’ record during the 2006 season or which player they took as their No. 1 pick in the draft. How much do you know about the history of Dolphin? Take our test to find out.
1. The first owner of the Miami Dolphins is widely known to be Joseph Robbie. But, he originally bought the franchise with a famous actor as his partner. Who was the actor?
has. marlon brando
b. burt reynolds
against dani thomas
d. Haley Joel Osment
2. When the Dolphins started play in 1966, what was their original stadium?
has. the orange bowl
b. Raymond James Stadium
against Campo Tropicana
d. Lambeau Field
3. What was the Dolphin’s record in their first season?
d. they tied all the games
4. When Don Shula became head coach of the Miami Dolphins, who did he replace?
has. tom landry
b. george wilson
against jimmy johnson
d. jose tower
5. When the Dolphins hired Don Shula as coach, which team accused Miami of manipulation?
has. The Indianapolis Colts
b. baltimore colts
against the new york jets
d. The Jacksonville Jaguars
6. The early 1970s were the height of Dolphin’s success. During this time, they became the first NFL team to do what?
has. Win three consecutive Super Bowls
b. Reach three consecutive Super Bowls
vs. Winning consecutive Super Bowls
d. Win a Super Bowl
7. The 1971 AFC Divisional Playoff game between the Dolphins and the Kansas City Chiefs set a record like what?
has. The NFL game with the most field goals
b. The most lopsided game in the NFL
vs. The longest game in the NFL
d. The day the most hot dogs were consumed
8. What was the nickname of the 1972 Dolphins defense?
has. The Nameless Defense
b. the steel curtain
against the wall
d. the great unit
9. During the 1973 season, the Miami Dolphins repeated as Super Bowl champions by beating which team?
has. The Green Bay Packers
b. chicago bears
vs minnesota vikings
d. carolina panthers
10. The AFC Divisional Playoff game played on December 21, 1974 between the Dolphins and the Oakland Raiders went down in football history as what?
has. The game of the sea of hands
b. the ice bowl
d. He had no name; this is a trick question
Answers: 1.c. Danny Thomas; 2nd The Orange Bowl; 3.a. 3-11; 4.b. George Wilson; 5.b. the Baltimore Colts; 6.b. Reach three consecutive Super Bowls; 7. c. The longest game in the NFL; 8th The Nameless Defense; 9. c. the Minnesota Vikings; 10 a.m. The Sea of Hands game.
See how you did it:
9-10 correct: You are a true fan of Miami. You can swim with the dolphins at any time. Two finish!
6-8 good: You may not have received a perfect score, but you still know quite a bit about the only team to have had a perfect season.
3-5 correct: You didn’t do very well, but you didn’t do horrible. One ends, but not two.
less than three: Maybe you’re better as a fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.