Do you already have an image of Mr. Perfect in your mind? Do you know WHERE to find it? If you have a set of qualities in mind but haven’t found it yet, then maybe you’re just looking in the wrong places.
One tip to help you find Mr. Perfect is to look in the places where you can expect to find the man with the qualities you value. Here are some tips that can help you find your guy:
1. If you want someone who is loving and caring, look for some organizations that have volunteers. Volunteers have big hearts, because they work hard for something, even without compensation. Go to your local soup kitchen and see who among the men in your locality volunteers on Saturday afternoons to help feed the hungry. You can also check local hospitals and see who volunteers their time to help children or encourage the lonely and depressed. You are looking for someone selfless and generous; one who doesn’t care if his generosity goes unnoticed, but keeps up his good works.
2. If you are looking for someone who is good with children, then you are looking for a coach, teacher, or mentor. Find out who the Big Brother volunteers are in your community, because they are someone who is willing to dedicate their free time to helping a child. Or, look at the person who volunteers to coach your children’s baseball or basketball team. Or, look at who’s teaching at your preschool and elementary school. The men who teach there are usually very patient with children and work well with them.
3. If you are looking for a man of faith, then of course you are more likely to find him at church than at the bar. Of course, if you are very religious with a great sense of faith, you may also want someone who values them in the same way that you do.
4. If you are looking for a man with a purpose, then of course he is not the one who answers “I don’t know” if you ask him what he wants to do in life. Find a man who has set your priorities, who knows what you want and how to get it. You may not have the perfect record, but you are determined to overcome your difficult situation and circumstances because you know you are destined to go somewhere good in your life.
5. If you are looking for someone with a great sense of humor, and not one of those antics. Just because someone is diligent and determined doesn’t mean they can’t have fun and have fun. If you are someone who can laugh at yourself and others, not others, it probably means that you have a good mental outlook, compared to someone who always takes yourself seriously. If you are looking for someone cheerful, then look for someone who can play with dogs, who can laugh with children, who can laugh when soda is spilled on himself.